Monday, January 17, 2005

Why on Earth should I give a shit about this?

Why do so many people care about celebrities love lives? Does anyone really expect these marraiges to last, anyway? If so, based on what? I care about these people to the extent which they entertain me through their acting/singing/performing, I don't care who they marry/date/fuck. At least no one tried to morph Pitt's and Aniston's names together into some new character, as I htink the coining of the term Bennifer was probably one of the lowest points in American History. Although, I'm sure if George Bush has anything to say about it, it won't remain there for long.

Posted by

5 comments:

Melissa McEwan said...

"Although, I'm sure if George Bush has anything to say about it, it won't remain there for long." - LOL.

John Howard said...

Yeah, I try to throw a shot at Bush in whenever I can.

Style Me Organized said...

it's kind of weird. the way people CARE, you know? i mean, not just interested, but CARE. it's so disturbing. i can't imagine people peeking in my windows to see if me and the man are having a spat. no need to peek, we probably are. ;)

Ace Cowboy said...

Maybe this is an obvious statement, but it seems to me that since 9/11, more Americans than ever are looking to sports and entertainment as the ultimate escape from reality. Caring about Bennifer or Brennifer Pittiston is just the frivilous, sober equivalent of getting drunk after a long day of work...

Granted, I couldn't give a shit about Hollywood gossip...but I am a sports freak and I definitely became more invested in my teams over the past three years or so.

But I really don't agree with that last comment, about making strides in humanity...we can't do both at the same time? I consider myself a fine human being and as big a sports fan as anyone in America. We can do both, we can indulge in frivolity and be genuine human beings at the same time...it's not that tough.

John Howard said...

Well, sports are a different story, they aren't nearly as irrelevant as this crap. Sports really do matter. Unless you're talking about Randy Moss' endzone celebration, that doesn't matter...or soccer. Oh, or hockey, is there still hockey?