Saturday, July 16, 2005

Saturday Night Name that Song

Ok, with the runaway popularity of Friday Night Name that Movie, shamelessly stolen from inspired by Shakespeare's Sister, and in the tradition of Law and Order and CSI (and because I'm bored), I've decided to spin it off until I take something successful and just turn it into a big joke. Keep in mind that I don't listen to a lot of music these days, but these lyrics are randomly taken from music on my computer. Good luck, and if you get them all, you might win a prize.*

1. I'm the Peter Piper of the 1980s...
2. ...hold my breath as I wish for death, oh please God help me.
3. ...gettin' funky on the mike like a old batch of collard greens
4. When you make love, do you look in your mirror? Who do you think of? Does he look like me?
5. I've been everywhere, and still I'm standin' tall. I've seen a million faces and I rocked them all.
6. You try to scream, but terror takes the sound before you make it.
7. He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready...to drop bombs but he keeps on forgetting what he wrote down.
8. I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain.
9. My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim, I had to stop for the night.
10. You think I give a fuck about a bitch? I ain't a sucker.



* There is no prize.

Posted by

11 comments:

The Disgruntled Chemist said...

2. One, Metallica (there was a bad cover band that used to play this all the time at the campus pub)
7. Lose Yourself, Eminem
8. Sweet Child of Mine, Guns N' Roses
9. Hotel California, Eagles

That's all I've got for now.

Anonymous said...

Those are all correct.

Anonymous said...

2. We want some Pussy by 2 live crew
5. Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi
6. Thriller by Michael Jackson

Anonymous said...

Chris, you got 5 and 6, and almost got another one.

Susan, you got 4.

Melissa McEwan said...

OMG, lol. I didn't know a single one! I'm terrible at recognizing song lyrics.

(I like all those songs, though.)

not in use said...

We Want Some Pussy by 2 Live Crew is #1, not #2

#3 is Dr. Dre / Snoop Doggy Dogg, but I don’t know the name of the song

Anonymous said...

Recidivist, you're right on both.

Anonymous said...

Damn the 2 in 2 Live Crew must have confused me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I could see how that could be confusing.

Anonymous said...

3 and 10 are still unanswered, but to go along with recidivist's hint on 3, I'll say that #10 also features Dr. Dre.

Anonymous said...

Ok, before this post gets buried, #3 was Nothin' but a G Thang, by Dr. Dre with Snoop Doggy Dogg. And #10 was Straight Outta Compton by NWA.