Thursday, July 07, 2005

What the fuck is wrong with people?

What a fucking weirdo. Even if he actually had documented proof that this was the absolute best way to improve free throw shooting, did he really think he would get away with this? You can't spank kids in school these days even if they might be deserving of some punishment, and you certainly can't do it for missed free throws, and you can't make them pull thier pants down. Sicko. I think for punishment he should be required to attempt to use this method to help Shaquille O'Neal improve his free throw shooting, something tells me he wouldn't enjoy it as much.

And it's not just the coach who is screwed up. What kind of 15 year old kid would let someone spank them? No matter what their position, if someone had tried to spank me when I was 15, they would have had to restrain me first, and as soon as I was let go, I would have been making a complaint to someone.

Posted by

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same kind of kid that "let's" a priest molest them. Ahem... don't blame the victim of a crime. Kids are taught that the coach is the boss (Bobby Knight anyone?), you want to play you do what he/she says or else you are out on your ass.

Anonymous said...

I can understand that with a younger kid, but at 15, you ought to know not to let some guy spank you, coach or not. And, I'm not blaming the kids, I just don't understand why they would go along with it.

Anonymous said...

I think this has to do with children not being allowed, or encouraged to question authority. When I was in high school I had a math teacher that was sexist and demeaning to the girls in my class all year. There were two people that called him on his shtick through out the year, myself and another guy. Whenever he said something the girls would sort of just sit there and giggle, like oh silly me I didn't realize something I'm a just a girl. I understand being afraid to speak up for fear of getting a bad grade, but to encourage by playing into the role he assigns is just stupid.