Monday, August 28, 2006

Emmys

I'm not big on watching awards shows, so I forgot this was even on. Especially with the season finales of Deadwood, and Entourage on last night. But after seeing the results, I have to wonder what the hell is wrong with the idiots voting for these things. I like 24, it's a very good show, I am looking forward to next season already. But Best Drama? Not even close. But I guess it's difficult to pick a legitimate winner when they shot themselves in the leg at the nominations step. The best dramas weren't even eligible. No LOST, no Battelstar Galactica, no Deadwood or Rescue Me. at leas they didn't give it to The West Wing after being cancelled. And Kiefer Sutherland shouldn't have won either. Denis Leary plays a much better character, and does it better. And I like 24. At least The Office got some credit. But with so few decent comedies on TV, it's harder for them to screw that up.

Posted by

1 comment:

John Howard said...

Denis Leary is great in Rescue Me. Battlestar Galactica is a great show.