Saturday, July 22, 2006

Broadcasters Piss Me Off - Golf Edition

So I'm flipping around this morning and I notice the British Open is on, so I figure I'll watch for a while and see if Tiger Woods is still in the lead. They're talking about the bunkers, and how fine the sand is. Then they cut to some video of a guy holding a handful of the sand and letting it run through his fingers. Apparently to show us how fine it is. Then the idiot says, "the grains are so small you could pick one up with a pair of tweezers." First of all, I doubt that I could pick up a single grain of sand with a pair of tweezers, and secondly, even if I could, that doesn't show how fine it is. I know these guys have to talk a lot to fill the time, but you'd think they could give just a little tiny bit of thought to what they say.

Posted by

2 comments:

The Disgruntled Chemist said...

My cell phone is sitting on the desk next to me. I can pick it up with a pair of tweezers, if I open them up really wide and grab it by the antenna.

My cell phone is very fine-grained, apparently. It's also apparent that whoever is announcing the British Open is a damn moron.

John Howard said...

Maybe next year, they can dump a bunch of cell phones in the bunkers. That would make for a tough lie.