Saturday, September 23, 2006

NFL Week 3

Ok, so I know I forgot to do this last week, but you'll just have to trust me when I tell you I got 11 of 16 correct, just like in week 1. Even though my picks aren't going too badly, my predictions for the season as a whole aren't looking all that great so far. Anyway, here are this weeks picks.

Chicago at Minnesota - I should probably take Chicago, but Minnesota is one of those teams that has really been a surprise to me so far, and the Bears are one of those teams that I never like indoors, so I'll go out on a limb and take the Vikings.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh - I think these teams are pretty even about now, so I'll give the edge to the Steelers at home, especially with the additional motivation of trying to erase that shutout from Monday Night.

New York Jets at Buffalo - I don't think either of these teams is very good, but the Jets have shown me that they're not quite as bad as I thought, so I'll take them.

Carolina at Tampa Bay - These are the two teams that my predictions really missed on so far. I liked them both to make the playoffs and Carolina to be one of the elite teams in the conference. So far, they both look awful. I still think the Panthers are better, and since I hear that Steve Smith is finally supposed to return, I'll take them.

Green Bay at Detroit - They both suck, but Green Bay has at least demonstrated an ability to score a few points, so I'll go with them even though they're another one of those teams that I usually hate indoors, hopefully they'll leave the roof open.

Washington at Houston - Both look awful, but this is just the game the Redskins need to get their season on track, I look for them to win big.

Jacksonville at Indianapolis - Jacksonville has really surprised me so far, but I still don't like them enough to take them over the Colts on the road, but if they win this week, I'll be picking them a lot more in future weeks.

Tennessee at Miami - I think Miami has a good game in there somewhere, I don't think the Titans do, I'll take the Dolphins.

Baltimore at Cleveland - The Ravens look much improved, Cleveland sucks, give me Baltimore.

St. Louis at Arizona - I expected the Rams to be mediocre and it looks like they are. Arizona has some good players, and I expect them to win these kinds of games, I'll take the Cards.

Philadelphia at San Francisco - What better way to erase the memory of a stunning loss than getting to play the 49ers, I like the Eagles.

New York Giants at Seattle - I still think the Seahawks are doing it with mirrors. I also think the Giants are pretty good, I'll take New York.

Denver at New England - Denver hasn't looked too good so far, and New England always finds a way, so I'll take the Patriots at home, 27 - 21.

Atlanta at New Orleans - An impressive start for the Saints, and as great a story as it would be if they could win their return to the Superdome, I just don't think they have it in them. I look for the Falcons 24-13.

There you have it, feel free to use these picks in your office pool, just make sure to send me a cut of the winnings.

Posted by

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is just the game the Redskins need to get their season on track, I look for them to win big

Thank you saying "on track" instead of "untracked".

New York Jets at Buffalo - I don't think either of these teams is very good, but the Jets have shown me that they're not quite as bad as I thought, so I'll take them.

Wow, nobody is giving Buffalo any credit for beating Miami on the road last week.