Year end meme, Chris edition
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Hmmm, not much. I did things in a pool that I've never done before, in a pool. Let's leave it at that.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't make them last year, and won't this year. I do want to get back down to a 34 from my current 36, but I'm not calling it a resolution.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What places did you visit? Orlando, Indianapolis, London, Several places in South Carolina, Atlanta, Miami, Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Less debt.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Apparently none.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? I was a fantastic husband, father, and employee.
9. What was your biggest failure? I can't think of any failures. There were things I didn't get done, but I'll get around to those.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just regular stuff.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Michelline said the pool, but we actually started buying that in 2006, and I'm already slightly regretting it anyway. I would have to say either my HDDVR or our anniversary cruise.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Tony Romo. Man it's been a long 10 years waiting for a franchise QB.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Appalled and depressed is too strong, but since she won't read this, I'll have to say I continue to be disappointed in Tori's lack of effort in well, anything. She's a good kid with a good heart, but she won't apply herself to anything or take responsibility for anything. Michelline and I don't know what to do.
14. Where did most of your money go? In cash, to the mortgages. In debt, to the swimming pool.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The Christmas season, starting with Thanksgiving. Not only did we have the two big holidays, we also had a 3-day trip to Orlando for Christmas shopping, a trip to Disney where we met the Furious clan, and a 5-night cruise.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? I don't know if I'll really associate it with 2007 in particular, but I first heard the Spring Awakening soundtrack this year. It's really good.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? About the same, I guess.
b) thinner or fatter? Maybe a bit fatter.
c) richer or poorer? Richer in income, poorer in debt.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? More work around the house.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Eat.
20. How did you spend Christmas last year? Pretty much the same as this year, at home with Michelline's parents and sister. Then we went to my parents' house in the evening for dessert.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Nope, only happened once.
22. How many one-night stands? Too few...
23. What was your favorite TV program? Battlestar Galactica
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2007? I think I went to dinner with my parents, but I'm not sure.
25. What was the best book you read? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? I mentioned Spring Awakening already, and I'd add Pink Martini, whom I heard on an NPR interview. I've got 3 of their albums now.
27. What did you want and get? HDDVR
28. What did you want and not get? Not much
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Simpsons Movie
30. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Immeasurably? Not much. There are a few things that I would like to have done, but nothing that would have been so much more satisfying.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Jeans and t-shirts. Same as it has been for several years.
33. What kept you sane? I'm always sane. Unless I'm always insane. Who knows?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? After seeing Knocked Up, I got a little movie star crush on Katherine Heigel. Damn, she's hot.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? There's so much with this administration and the Democrats spinelessness. What moves me the most is the violation of due process and basic human rights.
36. Who did you miss? Nobody, really.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Weird question. Who was my favorite person that I didn't know before? I met some neat kids on Libby's tee-ball team.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Nothing I didn't already know.