Via Toast, who promises that my 2008 will suck if I don't do it.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Moved to a small town.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't do New Year's resolutions. If something is important enough for me to do, then why am I going to wait around until the new year to do it?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I'm not sure if this means someone who is close to me as in a fried or family, or just someone who is nearby while giving birth. But since neither happened, I'm covered with a no.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope.
5. What places did you visit? We went to Universal Studios in July. I'm not sure if we went anywhere else this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A free house.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? If any dates from 2007 were etched in my memory, they weren't etched very well, since nothing comes to mind.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? I won the Daytona 500*.
9. What was your biggest failure? Me? Fail? Come on, you're talking about the winner of the Daytona 500 here*.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I've got this pain in my neck that won't seem to go away.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing stands out. I bought my TV at the very end of 2006, so I'll just count that, since all my enjoyment of it came in 2007.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I don't make a habit of celebrating the behavior of others.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I don't really get depressed, but I have to go with the New York Mets.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? That's a lot of reallies, I don't think I got that excited by anything.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? I have no idea.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? About the same, I guess.
b) thinner or fatter? I think about the same, maybe slightly thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, but just a little.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Read, I'd always like to read more.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Work.
20. How did you spend Christmas last year? This sounds like it means 2006, but since this is the 2007 meme, that would be stupid, so I'll assume it means 2007 and say I spent Christmas at home with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? No.
22. How many one-night stands? I lose track.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Lost, with The Wire right behind. Actually, I waver between these two depending on which I watched last.
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2007? I don't remember. Probably went out to dinner or something.
25. What was the best book you read? Probably Of Fire And Night, Book 5 in The Saga of the Seven Suns, by Kevin J. Anderson
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? I'm not much of a musical explorer.
27. What did you want and get? Something, I'm sure, but nothing comes to mind.
28. What did you want and not get? A Wii.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I like I am Legend a lot, but that was the last movie I saw, so it probably stands out more than others.
30. Did you make some new friends this year? There are new people at work that I like, but I don't know if that really counts.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? I'm not too hung up on fashion. I buy all my clothes at Wal-Mart.
33. What kept you sane? I hate questions like this. It implies that I would go insane, but for something holding me back from it.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I don't think I really "fancied" anyone.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The Democrats bending over and taking it up the ass from Bush and the Republicans, despite the voters giving them a majority in Congress. Way to miss the point, assholes.
36. Who did you miss? Can't think of anyone.
37. Who was the best new person you met? New person? I didn't meet any babies this year.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. I got nothing.
* OK, not really, but it's not like you know who really won it anyway.