Thursday, February 14, 2008

123 Book Meme

Here's a nice quick meme, courtesy of Toast (and Maurinsky).

1. Grab the nearest book (at least 123 pages long).
2. Open to page 123.
3. Go down to the 5th sentence.
4. Type in the following 3 sentences.
5. Tag 5 people.

I'm at work, so there aren't a lot of books around. I have my Intro to
Java book, but it's one of those Kinko's things with sections instead of
page numbers. Rolling over to the file cabinet, there are quite a few
books, so I grabbed the first one to catch my eye - "PowerBuilder
Application Techniques Version 6". I know, it's exciting stuff.

"This example deletes one item and all the small pictures from a
ListView:
int li_index
li_index = This.SelectedIndex()
This.DeleteItem (li_index)
This.DeleteSmallPictures()


ListView report view requires more information than the large icon,
small icon, and list view. To enable report view in a ListView control
you must write a script that establishes columns with the AddColumn and
SetColumn functions, and then populate the columns using the SetItem
function."

Hmm, maybe I'll redo this one at home for a little contrast. Not that I
have anything against technical manuals, I enjoy programming, but this
is a bit dry for general consumption.

Ok, 5 people that Toast didn't tag - I'll tag John, Michelline, Mr F,
umm, Chemist and umm, well crap, I'm about out of readers. Nightshift
doesn't read this blog, but I'll tag him anyway.

Posted by

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no books at work, so I'll do it tonight. And you do need to redo this tonight with a book you would actually read.

The Disgruntled Chemist said...

As I just commented at Toast's place, I actually did this one almost 3 years ago.

The Disgruntled Chemist said...

But since I'm doing a really slow experiment right now, I just did it again.

Mr Furious said...

Here's mine.

I think I did this a ways back as well...