Wednesday, September 12, 2007

People are stupid

Ok, so this dumbass assistant principal makes a ridiculous rule that bans 911 calls from the school. This is an obviously a stupid policy that anyone with half a brain would realize isn't going to do any good, since once you've endangered the health and well being of your students, your crime statistics, or whatever bullshit you were trying to hide suddenly become a much lower priority. But my biggest problem is not with this idiot assistant principal, it's with the morons who were actually around when this girl had a stroke. In a situation like that, how could it possibly be your first priority to follow some obviously moronic policy? Even if you're a selfish prick afraid of losing your job, you'd have to be an idiot not to realize that you can't possibly be fired for violating a policy which is this stupid. I wish I could say that I find it hard to believe that people could be such stupid sheep that they would follow a policy like this even when a young girl's life is in jeopardy, but unfortunately, I can't.

Posted by

6 comments:

Mrs Furious said...

I don't know this story... and it looks like I don't want to know..
Kid Furious has a life threatening form of Epilepsy... and it is bureaucratic shit like this that makes me want to homeschool her! I cannot even believe that in the day and age of peanut allergies that this stupid policy could even have been enacted!

michelline said...

Hey, what are you doing posting on my blog? :)

I agree, stupid policy, and stupid people for following it. I wonder what the memo actually said? I could see some sort of policy saying not to call 911 for every fight, which wouldn't be as bad. Still, it's just a bad idea to discourage 911 use at all.

John Howard said...

Sounded from the article like it said "for any reason" which makes it completely indefensible.

Anyway, it only takes one moron to enact a policy like that, but it takes a host of morons to actually follow it, which is what really bothers me.

Mr Furious said...

Wow. Just wow. It takes a lot to make me so pissed I don't know what to write.

Just this morning I was talking to somebody and explaining how Kid Furious's condition pretty much made kindergarten a no-go this fall. If she has a seizure, she needs her medicine within five minutes, and a 911 call immediately. Oxygen is required, and a trip to the ER in an ambulance.

The reality that in a public school her medicine would likely be kept in the nurses office (far away) is enough to scare the shit out of me. If there was actually a bone-head policy like this in place, my kids would never set foot in a school.

What fucking lawyers signed off on something like that?

Unbelievable.

Mr Furious said...

Anyway, it only takes one moron to enact a policy like that, but it takes a host of morons to actually follow it, which is what really bothers me.

Yeah, at no time did common sense actually pop into somebody's head?

Toast said...

Sounded from the article like it said "for any reason" which makes it completely indefensible.

Given the purpose of 911, I would think that anyone identified as responsible for enacting a policy prohibiting its use would be subject to immediate legal action the moment the policy was disclosed.