Thursday, September 22, 2005

BUSH'S BOOZE CRISIS

So, I've seen a lot about this story today, and it's interesting. But, as terrible as it would seem to have a drunk in the White House, it doesn't really worry me all that much. Maybe I'm giving Bush too much credit, but I just don't think he has it in him to be any less competent than he's already been, whether drunk or sober. Maybe if he could be hungover and sleep through pushing some of his ridiculous agenda, or nominating some more ridiculously unqualified people to important positions, then this might actually be a good thing. Sure, it makes America look bad, but that ship sailed in November of 200, and again in 2004, let's just try to get through the next 3 1/2 years with as little damage as possible, and if that means our leader is on a bender, I'm ok with it.

Posted by

3 comments:

Ace Cowboy said...

I'd like to see a drunk president...there's no way he can be worse than this assclown.

John Howard said...

Yeah, I agree on both.

Scott G said...

FDR once said that you should never trust a person who couldn't have 2 martinis for lunch and still work the rest of the day.

W acts drunk anyway. He forgets stuff and makes excuses for it. He knows he is working hard and thinking, but isn't sure about what.