Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday Name that Movie

Much better last week, all the movies and the theme were guessed correctly. Here we go again. Keep in mind, when I do these themes, I may repeat a movie or two that has been used before if it fits my theme. Guess them all (and the theme) and you may win a prize.* And be sure to check back tomorrow for Saturday Night Name that Song.**

1. Speed. To be able to control it. To know that I can control something that's out of control.
2. That horse is as much mine as he is yours.
3. You are certainly the most distinguished group of highway scofflaws and degenerates ever gathered together in one place
4. I said a 10 second car, not a 10 minute car.
5. Now, this car could be system-matic. It could be hydro-matic, ultra-matic.
6. Better stop your friend's betting or I'll end up owning him, too.
7. Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
8. The big score: anyone, any sex, over 75 years old has been upped to 100 points.
9. Kids are starving in China and you're walking around with a sombrero full of peanuts.
10. I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure.


* There is no prize.
** If I feel like it.

Posted by

9 comments:

maurinsky said...

5. Grease
10. Prefontaine (guessing)

I know I've heard 7 before, but I'm having trouble accessing the memory files.

The Disgruntled Chemist said...

1. Days of Thunder
4. The Fast and the Furious
8. Death Race 2000

The theme is racing.

I am shocked that anyone else has even heard of Death Race 2000, let alone actually seen it.

John Howard said...

5 is correct, Maurinsky.

All correct, Chemist. We used to joke about that movie all the time when I was a kid.

Unknown said...

2) seabiscuit
3) cannonball run
10)chariots of fire

John Howard said...

All correct, miss em

John Howard said...

Still three left.

Unknown said...

theme - racing?

John Howard said...

Yeah, but Chemist already got that.

John Howard said...

6. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
7. Better off Dead (I'm disappointed no one got this)
9. Meatballs