Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday Name that Movie

Here we go again. Keep in mind, when I do these themes, I may repeat a movie or two that has been used before if it fits my theme. Guess them all (and the theme) and you may win a prize.* And be sure to check back tomorrow for Saturday Night Name that Song.**

1. Well, on uh, Fake Draw Screen Right I uh, pick up the linebacker if he's comin, 'less of course it's Butkus, then I simply notify the quarterback to send for a preacher.
2. What's the matter, never seen anyone from the planet Vulcan before?
3. Are you saying you'll flunk us if we don't change the world?
4. Can you imagine what it feels like to be alive for thousands of years, and then realize you're actually going to die, 'cause some self-righteous cop decided that he was going to save the fucking world?
5. You're gonna die an old... an old lady warm in her bed, but not here not this night.
6. Are you not entertained?
7. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!
8. You have sunk below the deepest layer of prehistoric frog shit at the bottom of a New Jersey scum swamp.
9. I always find the fish, always! And I will this time. So don't fuck with me!
10. I mean, you get to go on back to Boston, big house and all that. What about us? What do we get?
Well, you won't get anything if we lose.



* There is no prize.
** If I feel like it.

Posted by

7 comments:

The Disgruntled Chemist said...

6. Gladiator
7. American Beauty
10. Glory

That's all I got. No idea on the theme either.

Melissa McEwan said...

#1 is Brian's Song. I love that film.

# 8 is War of the Roses.

Is the theme that whoever said the line dies in the movie?

Anonymous said...

Is 9 The Perfect Storm?

John Howard said...

Correct on 1 and 8, Shakes, and Chris got 9.

That's pretty close on the theme, it's actually a little more specific than I'm looking for, which makes it not fit on 4 and 8, and possibly half of 10.

somewaterytart said...

3. Pay it Forward. Somebody stole my wallet while I was watching that movie. True story.

John Howard said...

That's correct.

I guess they didn't quite understand the movie, then.

John Howard said...

Uh oh, that's the second comment spam I've gotten. Many more and it might stop being fun, then I'll have to put in that word verification stuff.