Friday, April 28, 2006

A to Z

I saw this over at Shakespeare's Sister, I'm not usually a big fan of these things, but since I can't seem to motivate myself to post anything original these days, I thought I'd do this one just to fill some space.

Accent: I don't know if I have much of an accent, but if I do, I guess it's probably vaguely southern, since I've been down here most of my life.

Booze: I like beer. Cheap, ordinary beer. That's pretty much it.

Chore I Hate: Yardwork, except it feels so good when I'm done that it almost makesit worth it.

Dog or Cat: Dog. I've always liked dogs and been pretty uninterested in cats, though we do have about the best cat ever.

Essential Electronics: Computer, cell phone, TV, does Air Conditioning count as electronics? It's definitely essential.

Favorite Cologne: I used to wear Drakkar when I was a teenager, but don't really wear anything much anymore,and if I do, it's whatever my wife buys me.

Gold or Silver: I like Gold better, and I like two-tone stuff, like my wedding ring.

Hometown: Jacksonville, FL. I wasn't born here, but it's the only place I really remember living, besides a few vague memories of Germany.

Insomnia: I sometimes don't get enough sleep, but it's usually because I stay up too late watching TV, not because I can't sleep. I used to have trouble sleeping occasionally when I was younger, but nothingtoo bad.

Job Title: Developer.

Kids: Four. My wife had three when we got married (who are all teenagers now), and our son is 3.

Living Arrangements: House, with my wife and two of the kids, a dog and a cat.

Most Admirable Traits: Incredibly intelligent, Irresistable to women, easy to get along with, super nice guy, ridiculously handsome, and of course modest.

Number of Sexual Partners: 3.

Overnight Hospital Stays: The only one I remember was after a horrible car accident we were in in 1998. But I wasn't badly hurt, and I don't think I would have even been kept overnight if it hadn't been so late when I got there. They were basically just checking me out, since I hit my head. But when I was a baby, I had pneumonia and had to stay in the hospital for a while.

Phobias: DEATH.

Quote: “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.” I'm not really much for quotes, so I just picked the first quote of the day from the Google homepage.

Religion: N/A.

Siblings: Older brother, he should do this too.

Time I Wake Up: Around 7:30 on weekdays, maybe 9:30 - 10:00 on weekends, depending on what's going on and when my son gets up.

Unusual Talent or Skill: Allmy talents are pretty usual.

Vegetable I Love: I hate vegetables, but I hate green beans the least, so I guess that would be it.

Worst Habit: Hmm, I would say watching Invasion, but I was ableto kick that one a couple of weeks ago, finally. Maybe getting a little too outwardly emotional when watching sports.

X-Rays: Let's see, I've had dental ones a few times, I had a dislocated thumb when I was a kid, so I imagine they xrayed that, though I don't specifically remember it. I've had a couple of chest x-rays, and that's all I can remember.

Yummy Foods I Make: I make pretty good spaghetti, but that's about all I can cook besides Hamburger Helper and anything that goes in the microwave.

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius.

Ok, now for the tagging. I tag everyone. So, if you're reading this, you're tagged. And if you're not reading this, you're still tagged, but you won't know it, so I guess it doesn't matter. But why aren't you reading?

Posted by

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So: Software developer with a fear of death who's only bedded three women? Dude, sometimes I think the only think that separates us is your weird indifference to quality booze.

John Howard said...

Don't forget the two tone wedding ring, I saw that on yours too. And I recently started flossing regularly. Also, we did IVF. And succesfully, so hopefully, the similarites will keep up and there'll be some little toast running around soon.

However, you're older, so death may claim you first.

puzzled said...

Software developer, huh? If you're ever in Canada, come and see me, I could use some help with my blog, I'm a real klutz with this stuff. And there's better stuff than beer in life, although I love beer. As a matter of fact, I brew it myself.

John Howard said...

I'm not so great with the HTML and stuff. I just try to figure out whatever specific thing I want to do when it comes to that. Brewing your own beer sounds like a lot of work.

puzzled said...

It is, especially when other people drink most of it.