Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hermes: Sorry, Oprah

I don't know about the rest of you, but if I get to a store after it has closed, there's no way in hell they're going to let me in. And I'm certainly not going to get an apology for it from anyone. I pretty much always assumed that stores have closing times because that's when they...well, close. Now, I know it is probably different when you're filthy rich and famous. I'm sure people make exceptions for you all the time. But just because one won't, there's no reason to make such a big deal about it. It sure does make Oprah look like a big baby. Maybe she should just be thankful that she is able to shop at stores like that in the first place.

Posted by

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh.... I read today where she's trying to claim they didn't let her in because of a racial thing. Please!! I am so sick and tired of people playing the race card everytime they don't get their way. Oprah, the store was CLOSED. I don't care who you are, what color your skin is or how much money you have, have a little respect to the fact that the store was CLOSED to the public.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, just because a lot of stores might open up for her even after closing, doesn't mean she should expect them all to. Also, it sounds like this one would have if they didn't already have something else going on.