Monday, June 13, 2005

My problem with gay people

As any of my regular readers (all 25 or so of you) know, I love gay people (not like that, you perverts). Actually, I don't really know many gay people in real life, but there are seceral gay readers of this blog and I read several blogs regularly whose authors are gay. Anyway, I'm all for gay rights, I think anything I can do, gay people should be able to do as well. Whether it's get married, adopt kids, join the military (especially this one, 'cause I sure as hell don't want to do it), not be treated like shit by people that think they're better than you, etc.

So anyway with all that out of the way, I do have a problem with gay people. And my problem is this "partner" nonesense. Everytime I see anyone talking about their partner, I feel like I'm watching an episode of Chips. Personally, I'm all for gay people using boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, or any of the same words us "normal" people do. But if you feel the need to use something else instead, please try to come up with something better than "partner" unless of course you're then going to get on your matching motorcycles and fight crimes that the Highway Patrol really has no business being involved in.

Ok, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest. I hope I won't be branded a homophobe or anything, and I hope I haven't offended anyone. But if I have, please let me know, so I can feel appropriately guilty.

Posted by

No comments: