Thursday, March 09, 2006

Reading

So, I finally finished reading Scattered Suns (The Saga of Seven Suns, Book 4 (review). It was pretty good. This one had a lot of action, which was nice, since there have been some slow parts in this series. Now I have to wait for the next one to come out, and who knows when that will be. Since it took me so long to read this, I've had other things piling up to read. First, I need to read The Historian, which a guy at work has been wanting me to read for quite a while. I also have Crytonomicon, which I keep meaning to start, but haven't been in the mood for anything quite that big lately. I also need to read The Protector's War, since I liked the first book in that series.

So, what's everyone else reading these days?

Posted by

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just starting Big Bang, a recent pop sci book on cosmology and the origins of the universe. I'm also about to start Atlas Shrugged. Mrs. Toast was big into Rand as a teen, and this is still her favorite book. So, um... (sigh)... as stipulated by our Favorite Book Exchange agreement, I have to read it. (BTW, no worries: She's totally a lapsed Objectivist.)

The One True Tami said...

I'm proud to say that I read an entire cheesy romance novel just over a week ago - in a day. The Historian I listened to on CD. Joanna Whaley Kilmer did the female voices, and it was pretty good.

I wish I had read the synopsis of the book before I started listening to it, though. It was probably amusing when I suddenly yelled, "Dracula?! Are you kidding me?!", while in traffic.

I'm currently in the middle of 1776, but it just can't hold my attention.

Anonymous said...

Dude, where'd you go?

John Howard said...

On vacation. My brother was supposed to post during my absence, but he sucks.