Friday, March 31, 2006

Rice admits multiple Iraq errors

Way to admit your errors. Nothing specific of course, or any offer of anything that might eliminate or even reduce future errors, just an offhand remark that she's sure we've made some. Way to go! It really says something about this clusterfuck of an administration that this little nothing comment actually makes headlines. I like this part too:

the US had no desire "to be the world's jailer", and that Washington wanted "the terrorists that we capture to stand trial"

That's interesting since they've pretty much thrown up every obstacle that they can think of to avoid silly things like trials. But I guess that will change now, I'll be holding my breath...


...


Any trials yet?


...


Ok, I give up. Anyway I thought their official position was that these people should be happy if we just don't torture them too much. Well, at least one thing I agree with her on, is that history will judge these decisions correctly.

Posted by

2 comments:

Scott G said...

We don't torture people. We talk nicely to them while they beat themselves up for being evildoers.

PridePress said...

I hate to say it, but I think Condi's recent side-ways comments on her boss are her way of testing the 2008 waters?

I hope that is not true, but seems to me like its certainly a possibility?