Monday, March 27, 2006

V

So I went to see V for Vendetta over the weekend, and after my initial disappointment that it had nothing to do with aliens taking over, I found it to be very good. When I first heard about the masked guy, I was skeptical that that could be done very well, but it really was. I'd recommend seeing it if you haven't already.

One (extremely) small complaint. I noticed a Dell monitor on the inspector's desk. And while, I'm normally a big fan of product placement (I'd rather see a character drinking a Budweiser than some bottle that just says "Beer" on it), it didn't seem to fit in this situation. Since the United States was apparently in some kind of turmoil, I find it hard to believe that Dell would have ever even existed, much less become big enough so that people in London were using its computers. Maybe it was supposed to be a different Dell.

Anyway, good movie. Very timely.

Posted by

No comments: