Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cheney Takes Full Responsibility for Shooting Hunter

Well, break out the Medals of Freedom. Cheney is taking full responsibility for something that he clearly did, and was clearly his fault. Wow! What a guy. I guess in this era of taking responsibility for absolutely nothing, where Cheney and his boss are leading the charge for the government's Department of No Accountability, this is somewhat noteable. But that it is is kind of sad.

I really don't care what Cheney says about this incident. Especially publicly. I've heard people demanding that he explain himself, or apologize, or whatever, but I just don't care. I think it would be nice if he apologized to the guy directly, and paid his medical bills. That's just the kind of thing you should do for a friend, but then that's if you're a nice guy, and I've never thought that Cheney might be one of those. Anyway, as far as what he says publicly about the incident, the reporting of it, the timeline, or whatever, I don't really care. There are so many more fucked up things that he has had a hand in, and I'd really rather he find some time to make some of those right rather than waste time apologizing for something that didn't have anything to do with anyone who is demanding he apologize. Of course, it's not like he's going to do anything worthwhile either way. I just wish people cared half as much about the loss of their civil liberties or torture, or war, or corruption as they did about making fun of the Vice President for shooting a man...in the face.*


* Not to say that it isn't funny.**
** As long as the guy is ok.

Posted by

No comments: