Friday, October 13, 2006

NFL Week 6

I was 10-4 last week, which brings me up to 48-26 overall, which isn't too bad. However, I still haven't won the pool, so this week I'm picking some upsets.

Cincinnati at Tampa Bay - The Bengals are good, and the Bucs are bad. Homefield isn't nearly enough to close the gap, I like the Bengals.

New York Giants at Atlanta - Seems like I always get the Giants wrong, so I'll go against my gut a little and pick them to win on the road.

Tennessee at Washington - Despite their impressive performance against the Colts, the Titans are just awful, and Washington seems to have gotten things back on track a little with Portis, despite last week's loss to the Giants. I'll take the Redskins.

Houston at Dallas - Dallas needs to bounce back from a tough loss on the road, and also beat the only team in the league that they have never beaten. I don't see any problem doing either of those, I'll take the Cowboys.

Carolina at Baltimore - I think Carolina has things going in the right direction after a rough start, and I think Baltimore was exposed a bit against Denver last week. I like the Panthers in the upset.

Buffalo at Detroit - Buffalo should and probably will win this game, but for some reason, I just don't like the Bills this year. I'll take the Lions in the upset.

Seattle at St. Louis - I still don't like the Seahawks for some reason I just can't quite put my finger on, and after I was miserably wrong about them against the Giants, I meant to not be stubborn about it. But, I can't help it. I like St. Louis to win with Alexander still out (last I heard anyway).

Philadelphia at New Orleans - I would really like to see the Saints pull this one out, but I really don't see it happening, I'll take the Eagles.

Miami at New York Jets - The Jets have lost a couple of tough games. A squeaker and a blowout, this is the perfect game for them to get things back on track, I'll take New York.

Kansas City at Pittsburgh - Last week I picked the Steelers because I didn't think they could lose three in a row. So I was wrong about that, but I really, really don't think they can lose four in a row, so I'll try it again and take Pittsburgh.

San Diego at San Francisco - San Diego is looking good, and San Francisco isn't that good, I'll take the Chargers.

Oakland at Denver - Oakland sucks. How do you turn Randy Moss into a player that I have to bench on my fantasy team? I'll take the Broncos, 31-7.

Chicago at Arizona - Chicago looks really good. I don't think they can win them all, but they certainly won't stumble this week. I'll take the Bears, 32-14.

Posted by

No comments: