Friday, October 06, 2006

Sports Talk Idiot of the Week: Tony Boselli

With honorable mention going to Frank Frangie.

I was listening to the Frank Frangie Show (with Tony Boselli) this morning, and they were talking about the Jets/Jaguars game this weekend. Frank threw out some theory about how the thought the Jets must just be spent after the emotional loss last week to the Colts. As I was wondering exactly why the Jets would be any more spent than the Jaguars, who also lost a close game at the end, Boselli chimes in to tell us exactly that. Apparently, since the Jets hung in and almost won against a team they had no business beating, but then came up short, that sort of takes the wind out of their sails. The Jaguars, on the other hand, played very well, yet still lost to a team they should have beaten, which according to the Boselli theory, just pisses them off. I'm glad he cleared that up.

This is stupid for a couple of reasons. First, both the Jaguars and the Jets are 2-2, and are trailing early in their divisions. Actually, Jacksonville is two games back, where the Jets are only 1 game back. Anyway, both teams being in similar positions would indicate to me that they would both react similarly to a loss. Second, it's stupid because, if you must advance some idiotic theory about why the Jaguars are better off after their tough loss than the Jets after their tough loss, the argument is simple to make. The Jaguars lost on the road and now get to come home. The Jets lost at home and now have to go on the road.

I occaisionally like it when the Jaguars do well, since I live here. But, it's crap like this that makes me really want to see them lose. Too many idiots on local radio. I wonder if I could still be a Cowboy fan if I had to live in Dallas, and listen to all the local idiots' thoughts on them. I think that might be tough as well.

Posted by

No comments: