Thursday, December 23, 2004

Don't get me wrong...

...I love sports, I especially love football, it is by far my favorite sport. And I like the NFL more than college. So I'm a big fan of the NFL, and I'm very happy that we have a team here in Jacksonville (although I am and will always be a Cowboy fan). But if I hear the word SuperBowl on the local news or radio one more time, I think I'm going to lose my mind. I'm very happy that the SuperBowl is coming here. I think it's pretty exciting and will be good for the city. But I do realize that the SuperBowl will be here without being told about it every five minutes or so. It's getting worse as the NFL's regular season winds down, and I expect it to get worse still as the playoffs get underway.

And although I root for the Jaguars to do well, at least when not playing the Cowboys, I think my worst nightmare would be for them to make a run in the playoffs this year, because it would be unbearable to listen to the local media if the Jaguars had a chance to play at home in the SuperBowl. Fortunately, that doesn't look too likely with all the great teams in the AFC.

Posted by

No comments: