Thursday, April 28, 2005

I don't even know what the fuck a meme is

However, it seems that Gary from American Regression has nevertheless tagged me with this "Disappointment to my parents" meme. Clearly, it's ridiculous to think that I would be a disappointment to my parents, but I suppose this is some kind of hypothetical exercise, so I'll play along, just don't expect my answers not to suck.

If I could be a scientist...

I suppose it would be pretty lame if I just answered all these with something that would end up with me making a lot of money, but the temptation is there, so if I get lazy, that's a definite possibility. However, that aside, I suppose if I could be a scientist, I would want to do something pretty noble like curing cancer or something. But this isn't very likely since I really suck at science and when I was in high school I used to fake results for made up science projects.

If I could be a musician...

Well, I would probably be a broke one, since I can't sing or play anything worth a crap.

If I could be a doctor...

Can you be a doctor without going to medical school? Medical school sounds really demanding, I don't think I'd do well with that. Maybe I could be a chiropractor, does that count?

If I could be a painter...

Wow, apparently this meme (whatever the fuck a meme is) just picked all the things I suck at. I am not at all creative, maybe I could be a house painter, but I don't think I would like that very much.

If I could be an innkeeper...

Well, I would hire people to do the "innkeeping" for me, because, really that sounds like a pretty lame job.

Now, I guess I'm supposed to pass this on, which just makes it all seem like a chain letter to me, and therefore makes me reluctant to participate at all, but anyway, I suppose whoever I send it to can feel free to ignore it if they're not up for it, so my lovely wife at Holly GoHeavy, Scott from Me4President, and Ace over at Slack Lalane, you're up. Am I supposed to email them or something? Oh, fuck it, if they don't read this, they probably wouldn't participate anyway.

Posted by

No comments: