Monday, October 03, 2005

Broadcasters Piss Me Off - Sideline Reporters Edition

Is there a more useless job on the planet than the sideline reporter at a football game? If there is, I don't know what it is. Aside from reports on injuries, which would get relayed up to the booth and reported anyway, I can't remember ever seeing one who offered any useful information. I don't need to hear what coaches have to say during the game, especially when I can construct my own cliche filled assessment of whatever is going on, and it won't be littered with the annoyance those guys project when doing those interviews.

On Saturday, I was watching the Florida Alabama game, and the sideline reporter was interviewing Don Shula, and apparently according to her, what all of America wants to know (which is actually how she phrased it), is how much Don Shula helps his son coaching the team. Are you kidding me? Does anyone (besides the airhead reporter) actually think that Don Shula helps coach that team?

Anyway, just get rid of these people. Surely anyone who saw Eric Dickerson on Monday Night Football a few years back can agree that this is a position that is unecessary.

Posted by

2 comments:

STP said...

This is a topic that has stuck me for some time, too. I see sideline reporters as being the most useless thing in sports broadcasting. They bring nothing to the table and offer no insights that cannot be obtained elsewhere. Please make them stop!

Anonymous said...

i would toss in dose gize on da radio who chatter between songs. if i yam listenin 2da music station, i wanna hear da music, i really do. please tell dat boi 2b quiet. t'ank u.