Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Records suggest warm relationship between Bush, Miers

Ok, I think I've figured this nomination out. It looks like Miers was stalking Bush, and he nominated her to the Supreme Court in order to focus her attention on something else. Because, seriously, she's obviously not qualified for the job, and who else but a stalker would write things like this:

U.S. Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers told George W. Bush in a 1997 birthday card that he was "the best governor ever" and, in a separate note to her boss, said she hoped his twin daughters recognize their parents are "cool."

I'm pretty sure I've never told anyone that I think they're cool. And how old is this woman, anyway? Her pictures make it look like she's about 100, but these letters make it sound like she's closer to 13. Like this:
In 1997, Miers sent Bush a belated birthday card featuring a sad-looking dog and the note: "Dear Governor GWB, You are the best Governor ever -- deserving of great respect!" She added, "At least for thirty days -- you are not younger than me."
emphasis mine
See, I understand kids just think of someone's age as the number itself, and so may equate someone who has just turned 13 to someone who is about to turn 14, but I would think by the time you get to be 52, you might be smart enough to realize that someone who is 11 months younger than you is always 11 months younger than you.

Now, normally, I'm completely in favor of any and all information being released to the public. But now I'm going to propose that any furhter correspondence from our government officials be classified. It's bad enough that I have to see how stupid these people are based on the decisions they make, but seeing their little birthday notes to each other and notes about going to the bathroom is just too much, and I'd just rather pretend they didn't exist.

Posted by

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that I want to vomit now. How does she expect to be taken seriously as a Supreme Court Justice?