Monday, October 24, 2005

So that's how a real President would do it...

So, once again I find myself watching The West Wing to see how a real President acts. Firing someone who is close to him for leaking classified information without any hesitation even though the person leaked that information with good intentions.

Quite a contrast to the real world where the leak is done purely for partisan political revenge, and not only are the people involved not fired, but the President hems and haws and qualifies earlier statements that made it sound like he would be tough on people involved in the leak, and now is "waiting for the results of the ongoing investigation" which I think will change once again when the investigation is concluded and the indictments come. Then it will be wating for the results of the prosecution. Then if anyone is convcted, he will finally take decisive action...to pardon them. The only reason for a President to handle it this way if he supports what was done, whether he knew about it beforehand or not.

Posted by

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olá amizade. Meu nome é Ernísio Martines Dias. Sou um sujeito calmo, mas de uma hora para outra posso me tornar agressivo se percebo que não estou conseguindo o que quero. Reconheço que sou mesmo um mau caráter, desonesto e sem escrúpulos, que só penso em ganhar dinheiro à custa dos outros, em ter lucro financeiro em tudo, como sonegar impostos e enganar as pessoas com minha lábia. Eu mesmo acredito na mentira que digo a todo o momento e acabo procurando fazer as coisas por baixo dos panos, pelo modo que me parece ser mais fácil.
Há antídoto para um marginal corrupto? Aceito sugestões construtivas no meu e-mail ernisio@vba.com.br Sabe, me sinto com duas faces. A outra é diferente, pois quando não estou trabalhando, me sinto frágil e até estou com tendência a gostar de homens. Isso é agonizante! Por tudo isso, acabo tendo depressão e insônia, mas ainda estou com esperanças de mudar esta minha vida para melhor e conto com a sua ajuda. Obrigado.

John Howard said...

Sorry, I don't speak Portuguese. I tried to run this through Babelfish, but that didn't help much. Anyway, thanks for your comments even though I have no idea what they are.

Anonymous said...

Here's a rough translation... it looks like spam to me:

Hello friendship. My name is Ernísio Martines Days. I am a calm subject, but of a hour for another one I am able to myself become aggressive I am perceived that I am not obtaining what do I want. I recognize that I am even a bad character, dishonest and without scruples, that alone I think of earning money to the cost of the others, in have I profit financial in everything, as withhold taxes and mislead the persons with my eloquence. I even believe in the lie that digo to all the moment and I finish finding do the things under the cloths, by the way that looks me be easier. There is antidote for a marginal corrupt? It accepted constructive suggestions in mine and-mail ernisio@vba.com.br Knows, I feel with two faces. To another one it is peculiar, therefore when I am not working, I feel fragile and until I am with tendency it like men. That is agonizante! By everything that, I finish having depression and insomnia, but still I am with hopes of move this my life for better and I count with the its help. It obliged.

John Howard said...

I figured it was probably spam, but since there was no link in it, I wasn't sure. What's the point of spamming people if you don't even tell them where to get whatever it is you're spamming for?

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the West Wing, does anyone have this episode available on tape or DVD? I live in Collier County, Florida, and it was pre-empted due to Hurricane Wilma, and I just got my internet back today.