Friday, October 07, 2005

Poll: Bush Ratings Hit New Low

Good. I'm glad his poll numbers are finally starting to actually reflect his performance. And just to be clear, I should point out that I'm not hoping for him to fail because I don't like him, I don't like him because he's a failure. And I'm not happy that his poll numbers suck because it makes him look bad (although that's ok by me), I'm happy because people are finally starting to realize how bad he is.

But I have mixed feelings aobut these things, too. On one hand, I'm glad that people are finally starting to see what a fraud this guy is, and hopefully that will lead to us not making similar mistakes in the future. But on the other hand, I just want to scream at people "What the fuck are you seeing now that hasn't been there the entire fucking time?" Bush hasn't changed one bit, it's just people's perception of him that has changed. Maybe if they hadn't been so blind, or apathetic, or whatever in the first place, then this guy wouldn't have gotten elected (or appointed or whatever) in the first place, or re-elected after that. Seriously, all the things that he's criticized for were there in 2004, except for the hurricane response. Some of them have developed a lot more during that time, like the Plame leak, and the non-existent weapons of mass destruction, but everything was there before the 2004 election for anyone who wanted to make an informed decision.

Anyway, hopefully these new attitudes will be reflected in the midterm elections in 2006, because Bush isn't doing this crap alone, and again in the 2008 Presidential election, assuming anyone worthwhile ends up running.

Posted by

5 comments:

Michael Olsen said...

God told him to ignore the polls: http://mikeolsen.blogspot.com/2005/10/cbs-news-poll-bush-ratings-hit-new-low.html

John Howard said...

I think the time of people rallying around him may be over. hopefully, anyway.

I would really like the Democrats to stand up for something, but I don't really expect it.

If Bush is talking to God, then God isn't too bright, either.

John Howard said...

Yeah, that's it exactly, Robert. I'm pretty firmly anti-terrorism. But when you're hurting things instead of helping, it doesn't do any good to pretend for the sake of some fake unity.

Stef said...

I felt really cynical last night when I thought "well, of course there's a terror alert, the Bushies need to change the news story." Between the subways and the avian flu, we're still not forgetting about the war, the hurricane, DeLay, Frist, Plame, the list goes on. I am glad people are starting to see the light, but I'm so Pi**ed at them that they couldn't see it last year.

SB Gypsy said...

They saw it, it was just that the repukes have an in to the voting machine files : Bush never won a presidential election in his pitiful narc-ssistic life!