Monday, October 17, 2005

Rome

So, I've been watching Rome on HBO, and it's pretty good so far. But last night as they found Cleopatra, I realized that Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo are the Forrest Gump of the Ancient World. If there's a historically significant event, they'll be involved somehow, and if there is a person of consequence they will have at least met the person at some point. I fully expect them to be in some way involved in Caesar's assassination, then with Octavian's rise to power.

Posted by

4 comments:

John Howard said...

DVRs are wonderful.

sumo said...

We are loving the Rome in the Sumo household. I have to say that I have been totally surprised at some of the stuff they have shown. Like the 'gift guy'from last week...woohoo!

Chase McInerney said...

"Run, Titus, run!!"

Scott G said...

They are like the anti-W. President Bush has also been at many historical moments, but usually running the other way.

I like the series. I can't wait to find out what happens to Rome