Monday, October 17, 2005

Rome

So, I've been watching Rome on HBO, and it's pretty good so far. But last night as they found Cleopatra, I realized that Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo are the Forrest Gump of the Ancient World. If there's a historically significant event, they'll be involved somehow, and if there is a person of consequence they will have at least met the person at some point. I fully expect them to be in some way involved in Caesar's assassination, then with Octavian's rise to power.

Posted by

6 comments:

Robert Bayn said...

I been meaning to watch this show, i really need to get one of them DVR's, fucking cable boxes can't record to my vcr, blah @ technology

John Howard said...

DVRs are wonderful.

Robert Bayn said...

Ya i hear they are, i'm just to cheap LOL

sumo said...

We are loving the Rome in the Sumo household. I have to say that I have been totally surprised at some of the stuff they have shown. Like the 'gift guy'from last week...woohoo!

Chase McInerney said...

"Run, Titus, run!!"

Me4Prez said...

They are like the anti-W. President Bush has also been at many historical moments, but usually running the other way.

I like the series. I can't wait to find out what happens to Rome