Wednesday, October 12, 2005

White House Briefing  News on President George W Bush and the Bush Administration

I was reading about Matt Lauer's interview with the village idiot, and one thing in particular struck me:

I do my job as best I can. One of the things that we do is we respond to crisis. And as I told the people, if I didn't respond well enough, we're going to learn the lessons. If there's any mistakes made at the federal level, I, of course, accept responsibility for them. . . .
emphasis mine

How is he still getting away with this "if" bullshit? Shouldn't the next question be, "You always qualify that reponsibility by saying 'if mistakes were made on the federal level', shouldn't you know by now if mistakes were actually made, and why don't you recognize them and take responsibility for them?" I guess people are just still in shock that he said anything is his responsibility, and that he allowed for the possibility that mistakes were made. But as shocking as that is, it should be about time to nail down exactly what mistakes he's made and see if he will be accoutable for them. Of course he won't, but since he actually opened that door for once, someone ought to try to walk through it, and force him to slam it shut so everyone can see it.

Posted by

No comments: