Thursday, December 08, 2005

House Votes to Extend $56 Billion in Tax Cuts for 5 Years

Oh good. Now that the government is spending less then ever before, they can give us back our money. What's that you say? They're spending more than ever before? Well, at least I'll be getting some money back, right? Oh, it's for rich people? Well I'm sure they need the money more than our government does, it's not like we have a war to fight or anything.

Maybe the bright side will be, if the government runs out of money, we can get back to that small government that Republicans pretend to want so badly, and they can stop worrying about who marries who, what women do with their own bodies, personal end of life decisions, what I watch on TV, what video games my kids play (oops, I guess that was Bizarro-Centrist Hillary, but I'm sure Republicans agreed with it), or what I check out at the library. Or they could just cut education, healthcare, and welfare instead.

Posted by

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comment....You know it all don't you. The economy is in the dumps... We are losing a war that only Bush wanted and so forth...Christ, your a lost cause...........

michelline said...

It's been a while, but it looks like we have another conservative commenter. Not quite as articulate as the last one though.

Anonymous said...

P.S. you guys can have your liberal site to yourselfs....I'll leave you alone.......Its nothing but bullshit anyway....to bad that you really believe the lies in your articles......see ya.....

John Howard said...

Thanks, anonymous for adding some much needed perspective. We really must live in a bubble if we can't come over to your side after hearing such well thought out, well reasoned arguments. Thanks for the enlightenment, and I'm sorry you had to lower yourself.

michelline said...

Hey, man, I didn't mean to run you off. If we can shrug off your cussing at us and baseless name-calling, surely you can take a little jab from me.