Thursday, December 08, 2005

Random stuff from my music collection

In tribute to the Chemist's Random iPoddery TM and just to show everyone how uncool I really am, I present 10 random songs from my collection at work.

1. Hello - Evanescence
Probably the coolest, most current band I have in my library, and this album is what 3, 4 years old now?
2. Bard Dance - Enya
3. The Longships - Enya
4. Shout - Tears for Fears
5. Heart - from Damn Yankees
6. How Many Tears - from Martin Guerre
Martin Guerre is by the team that created Les Miserables(best musical ever) and Miss Saigon
7. Luke and Leia Theme from RETURN OF THE JEDI - John Williams and the Boston Pops Orchestra
8. West Wing (instrumental) - from the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack
9. Donna - from Hair OBC
10. Live With Somebody You Love - from Martin Guerre

There you have it, a weird (eclectic?) mix of rock, 80's pop, new age, show tunes and instrumentals.

Posted by

10 comments:

John Howard said...

Geek

Mia said...

lol...you commenting on yourself?
I like most of those songs. Though I pretty much like anything but heavy metal, and that really weird techno stuff that my ex used to listen to...but maybe that was cuz he was connected to it.

John Howard said...

No, my brother made the post, and he's a geek. I don't listen to much music these days.

sumo said...

John...you should listen to more music... it soothes the savage beast in us all... in your case...er...you need more soothing I think. I kid beastie boy!

Anonymous said...

Evanescence? Seriously? I remember being at the gym once when her Big Hit Single came on the radio, and the dude on the bench press next to me said "This song always makes me want to drop the weight on myself."

michelline said...

Yeah, I really like Evanescence. Amy Lee has a great voice. Sure the lyrics are all depressing but if the sound of a song appeals to me, that's never bothered me.

maurinsky said...

I thought I had entered some sort of alternate universe or something. John Howard listens to show tunes? My mind was blown.

And then I realized it was his brother, who I don't really know as well (not that I know John, but from what I do know, I assumed he would not be a show tune fan).

And I'm sorry, Chris, but the best musical ever is a toss-up between Ruthless! The Musical and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

John Howard said...

Yeah, muarinsky, you had me figured pretty well, I don't listen to showtunes.

michelline said...

And I'm sorry, Chris, but the best musical ever is a toss-up between Ruthless! The Musical and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

I've never heard Ruthless! I'll have to check that one out. I love Sweeney Todd, I'd put it right up there. It's probably my favorite Sondheim musical. But I love the epic sweep and emotion of Les Mis.

maurinsky said...

Oh Chris, you are in for a treat, although it would be better if you could see it. Here's a website that goes into some detail describing the story.

I will admit to crying throughout most of act two of Les Mis, but I just never connected to the characters the way I do in my favorite musicals.