Monday, January 16, 2006

24

When this show firststarted, I was very excited to see it, as I usually enjoy shows that are unique and different from whatever else is on TV. But for whatever reason, I just couldn't get into it. And since I stubbornly hate to start things in the middle, I didn't try to pick it back up even after hearing so many great things about it. Well, with all the hype around this season's premiere, I decided to give it another try, figuring that a show whose entire season covers a single day shouldn't be able to have too much going on from the past that I shouldn't be able to enjoy it anyway. So, I watched the two part, two night, four hour premiere, and I'm pretty well hooked. I wish they had done it that way in the first season and maybe I would have been watching all along. Knowing FOX, they'll cancel it next week, despite all the great ratings, but at least if I'm watching, I'll be able to bitch about it along with everyone else.

One thing that did bother me, though, was Jack Bauer having two cell phones. Now, I'm sure that's pretty normal for a super spy, but seems a little odd for a drifter trying to catch work on oil rigs. So if he wasn't carrying around both phones in his new life, and he had the Treo in his bag o' spy stuff, I could see that. Except that since the bag was crammed in an air vent, presumably for quite some time, I'm not sure when he had time to charge the new phone. I don't know why these things bother me, but I'd be willing to forget about it if FOX will send me one of those Treos. Anyway, it's a pretty small thing in a pretty great show, and something I guess you have to give them license for in a show like this with a tight timeline.

So after watching 4 of 24 hours, I'm left with the impression that Jack Bauer is a bad motherfucker. I hope to get the DVDs or something and catch up on the rest of the seasons sometime.

Posted by

No comments: