Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Death = Grammys

I'm sure Ray Charles' last album was good, but does anyone think he would have won 8 Grammys if he was still alive? If you do, that's fine, but if not (and I certainly don't) then doesn't this make the Grammys into a big fraud? If you're not giving the awards based on the music, then what good are they? And as nice as it is to recognize Ray Charles following his death, awards shouldn't be about being nice to someone. This reminds me of that year Eric Clapton won all those Grammys after his son died. That's a terrible tragedy that I wouldn't wish on anyone, but why give him Grammys because of it? I just don't get it. Didn't either Milli or Vanilli die a few years ago? Maybe they should have given him back the Grammy he had to return.

Posted by

No comments: