Friday, February 18, 2005

That's All Folks!

I'm not one to resist change. I get irritated anytime I hear some old fogey whining about how things were better way back whenever. I know things change and even when I don't necessarily like it, I'm not one to complain about it. However, having said that, this new Looney Tunes show just seems completely ridiculous to me.

If kids today don't want to watch Bugs Bunny for whatever reason, then fine, come up with something new and different for them to watch. But why try to change something old and try to fit it into something new? It just doesn't make any sense. I guess the point is to be able to sell this as part of a succesful franchise. But if you need the franchise support to sell your new idea, then how good is your new idea, really? And if it takes away from a valuable franchise, is it really worth it?

The president of the network says, "I think the legacy is intact. If anything, it's an homage to the legacy instead of a destruction of the legacy." But he's wrong. It may not destroy the legacy, but it certainly damages it, and I definitely don't see it as an homage.

Posted by

No comments: