Friday, February 25, 2005

If I'm tired of hearing aobut the Pope's health, does it mean I'm going to Hell?*

Seriously, I'm sure there are plenty of Catholics that are very concerned about this guy, but why do the rest of us have to see all this coverage about a guy who might die? There are plenty of people in the world who are actually dying who seem to be going unnoticed. Whether it's some African genocide, or the war in Iraq, no one seems to care anymore about a lot of people getting killed. But this one guy gets sick and everyone's falling all over themselves to get the most coverage. Seriously, even most of the Catholics I know don't really agree with half of what the Pope says anymore. So I guess this is news, but I don't understand the obsession with it. I mean the guy is like 80 years old, it shouldn't be suprising when he's sick.

* I'm going to Hell anyway, because I'm a godless heathen, but I mean, if I wasn't

Posted by

No comments: