Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Farewell Pluto?

I like science, and I believe it is very important. But this article was pretty amusing to me. Because I don't think it makes any practical difference one way or another whether we call Pluto a planet or not.

I think the obvious solution in this debate is for someone to start an International Planet Registry for all of those objects out there that are around the same size as Pluto, and through radio commercials, encourage people to name a planet after someone as a gift. I can't think of a better gift than naming a planet after someone. Maybe it could also be recorded somewhere in book form, so it seems official. Because naming a star after someone is so last century.

Posted by

2 comments:

cookie christine said...

I think we should get rid of Uranus, because it sounds naughty.

Maybe since Frist wasn't invited to Justice Sunday Part 2, he and Rick 'man on dog' Santorum can draft a bill or something this weekend.

John Howard said...

Should we just rename it, or like, blow it up or something?