Monday, August 15, 2005

NFLTeams to Use Pill to Monitor Body Heat

That's some pretty space age shit, there. I hope it works, football players dropping dead really puts a damper on the season. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. I tried to take my son and nieces to the park over the weekend, and it was so fucking hot, I can't imagine anyone trying to work out in that heat, much less guys that weigh over 300 pounds.

Also, completely unrelated to the subject of the story, but am I the only one who can't help but think of Little House on the Prairie whenever I see Mankato?

Posted by

4 comments:

Scott G said...

I think of a mass execution of Sioux warriors that to this day keeps some Native Americans from driving through Mankato

John Howard said...

As far as I remember, they never mentioned that on Little House on the Prairie.

Ace Cowboy said...

The summer after I graduated from Northwestern a senior safety named Rashidi Wheeler died on the practice field (this was maybe two or three days after Stringer, I believe).

Since I'd met the guy and seen him play every game of his college career, it really hit home for me. So WHATEVER these guys need to do to monitor themselves, I don't care what the cost to the team or university it must be done.

John Howard said...

Yeah, I remember that Ace, and it wasn't too long before that that a UF player collapsed and died. And I agree, whatever they need to do, they should.