Monday, September 05, 2005

Broadcasters Piss me Off - Part 3

Well, no one seems very interested in these posts, but this is stuff I've noticed for years, so now that I have an outlet for all my useless thoughts, I'm going to use it. I actually mived this one up after hearing it yesterday.

And it is, no matter what time a game is being played, the announcers will refer to it as "tonight" when talking about it. It could be 1:00 in the afternoon and they will still say things like, "The defense has really dominated here, tonight." The game I heard it on yesterday, started at around 3PM. Also, I seem to hear this more in basketball, which means it's possible that announcers are so stupid, that if they can't see the sky, they don't know what time it is.

Posted by

2 comments:

The Disgruntled Chemist said...

Was that during the Colorado/Colorado State game? My roommate and I were watching that, and heard that comment (it was about 1 Pacific, I think), and we noted that nowhere in the USA could it possibly be considered "night". We were mildly annoyed.

Of course, we were on our third beer by that point, so the annoyance didn't last long.

John Howard said...

No, it was UGA, Boise State, but that just demonstrates that it is a widespread problem.