Friday, September 30, 2005

DeLay indicted in Texas fundraising probe; denies guilt

Looking in my crystal ball I have seen the downfall of the Republican party, or at least the end of their dominance of our government. This quote from Tom DeLay about his indictment is what made it all clear to me:

one of the weakest, most baseless indictments in American history

So it won't be the war in Iraq, or the economy, or the miserable hurricane response, or any of a million other things they've screwed up. No, what will bring them down is arguing over whose indictment is the weakest, most baseless and the biggest partisan move. Once either Frist or Rove get indicted, this infighting should pick up considerably, then when all three are under indictment, it will spiral out of control. And you never know who else may be indicted in the meantime.

Posted by

2 comments:

John Howard said...

Yeah, but that would be if they were actually Christian instead of just talking about it all the time.

Anonymous said...

Robert,

I may be incorrect or looking at the wrong verse, but I believe that your statement may be out of context. In Matthew 10:27, Jesus Christ is telling His apostles to, based on His teachings, go and "preach on the housetops."

If you were looking at another verse, forgive me for my mistake, & please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt