Thursday, September 22, 2005

TV

I watched a lot of TV last night. Mostly I was interested in the premiere of Lost, though.

But first, I watched Martha Stewart's Apprentice. I like the Trump one, so I thought this one would be ok too. And it was. It's pretty much the same show, except that she seems to go out of her way not to say that someone will be fired, instead saying someone will be sent home or asked to leave. But when it actually came down to it, she told the guy he just didn't fit which sounded worse, somehow. Anyway, you would think these people would learn sometime that being project anager is not a good thing, particularly when you're not any good at it. And if you're going to completely ignore your team's opinions in favor of your own decisions, then you'd better have some pretty good ideas. This guy didn't, so he went home. However, Martha writes a little note to them after they get fired, which seemed pretty gay. Anyway, I'm sure I'll keep watching, but not for any particularly good reason.

Then I watched Lost, which was very good. As usual, once you find out something in that show, it justs creates more questions, which is what makes it so good, I guess. I was a little disappointed that we didn't find anything out about the raft people, but I guess that's coming next week. Anyway, great show, if you're not watching you should go get the first season on DVD and start watching.

Then I watched Invasion, which the previews made look pretty good, but I wasn't very impressed with the first episode. Mainly, I didn't really like how all the characters seemed to be part of a large extended dysfunctional family. But hopefully, it will improve as it goes, I wasn't all that impressed with Lost after the first episode last season, either.

Oh, I almost forgot, I saw a little of The O'Reilly Factor where it looked like he was going to get into a fight with Phil Donahue over his nephew signing up for the military, which Donahue didn't say anything at all about, so that was weird. But after that, he was pretty reasonable and let Donahue talk, even though he obviously disagreed with everything he said. Oh, and Donahue kept calling him Billy, which was funny for some reason.

I also watched a couple of shows the other day. Earl on NBC, which wasn't bad, but like any sitcoms lately wasn't anything special. Then The Office, which was pretty good.

I've also been watching Rome on HBO, which is good, but hasn't blown me away like Deadwood or Six Feet Under did. But maybe it will really grow on me, like Entourage or Carnivale. I also heard that The Comeback got canceled which is good, since it kinda sucked. Although I only watched it once, so that might not be fair. I'm looking forward to the premiere of Curb Your Enthusisam, and The Extras on Sunday. And I guess Desperate Housewives starts back up on Sunday too.

I probably watch too much TV.

Posted by

8 comments:

John Howard said...

Isn't good etiquette pretty gay for a reality show competition?

Anyway, I liked the you don't fit in line, but I'm not sure it's like her signature line. It sounded kind of improvised.

Ace Cowboy said...

I thought Lost was incredible...I didn't watch last season, but I know everything that happened. And this show didn't fail to deliver.

Just what I need, ANOTHER show to watch every week.

John Howard said...

Did you at least watch the recap, Ace? Lost is very good, I watch too much TV already, but that's too good not to watch.

maurinsky said...

I'm just waiting for Veronica Mars to come back. I'm pretty sure you would hate the show, JH, but it's almost as good as having Buffy circa season 2-3 back on the air.

John Howard said...

I never watched Buffy, and I haven't watched Veronica Mars either. I don't watche anything on UPN or the WB or whatever. I started to watch Jack and Bobby, but then it got canceled.

Scott G said...

Instead of watching Lost, I got to watch the local news spend an hour telling me that it was windy and raining. There was a pretty weather map, but I don't know what happened on Lost

John Howard said...

It was really good. You should try to catch a rerun or something.

Why would they preempt it with weather? You're not anywhere near the Gulf Coast, are you?

Scott G said...

I think Minnesota has hurricane envy. They are just jealous that noone is noticing us getting a little rain because of hurricanes