Monday, May 23, 2005

Great Fucking Compromise

Ok, I must be missing something. Please tell me that the "compromise" that the Senate just agreed to was something other than, "We'll let you keep the power to filibuster provided you promise not to use the power to filibuster." What?? Is this a joke? Seriously, I must have missed something because this can't be it. So the Democrats can just filibuster anyway after the 3 judges they agreed to vote on, and say that they find the nominees extreme, and then the Republicans can go all nuclear on their asses, anyway. Or the Democrats can just keep quiet and take it in the ass like the good little bitches they are. Either way, the worst case is we're right back where we started but the Republicans are three judges stronger. Please someone, tell me what I'm missing that makes this a good deal for Democrats.

Posted by

No comments: