Monday, March 21, 2005

Apparently the Vatican bookstore has The Da Vinci Code in the Non-Fiction section

I read this article, but I missed the part where Dan Brown claims that his book is fact. When I read it, I found it in the fiction section at the library, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Now I'm waiting for the NSA to come out with a statement saying that they don't have a secret supercomputer that can decode anything like I read about in another of Brown's thrillers, Digital Fortress. Then NASA can tell me about the object buried deep in the Artic Ice that they didn't plant there so their funding wouldn't be cut, like I read about in Deception Point. I bet if I looked in the book, there would probably even be a pretty standard disclaimer in there about how the people, places, events, etc. in the book are fictional and any resemblance to actual persons, blah, blah, blah.... But don't let that get in the way of a good story, I guess.

Maybe the Vatican subscribes to the same logical processes that Congress uses.

Posted by

No comments: