Thursday, March 10, 2005

Shut up about Terry Schiavo

I hesitate to even post about this, since I'd really rather people just left this story alone. But it really bothers me that people are so vehemently on one side or the other on this story when the vast majority of them can't possibly have all the facts. To me it's very simple, is there a possibility that her condition could improve with treatment, and would she have wanted to be kept alive in the state she is in? Those issues really are the only thing that matters, and they can best be spoken to by the doctors involved with her care, and her family, and everyone else should stay the fuck out of it. It's very sad to me that this woman's life has been turned into a political issue. It's bad enough that someone will ultimately have to make such a tough decision, and the added pressure of politics and the media doesn't help anyone.

Posted by

No comments: