Monday, March 14, 2005

March Madness

I haven't paid too much attention to college basketball this year, but that doesn't mean I won't be watching the NCAA Tournament. This is one of the best events in sports, there are always a few great stories to follow, and plenty of excitement. Having said that, there are a couple of things about it that really annoy me.

First, stop whining about who got in and who didn't. If you're not a clear choice to get in, then you have no chance anyway. Also, if you got in, don't whine about what seed you are. I doubt there's is any team with a valid argument to move up more than one or two spots, and in that case, there isn't that much difference anyway. If you're good enough, you're going to advance, no matter what seed you are. It's not like there are teams out there that should be facing Oakland or Montana and instead are going to have to play Florida or Duke.

But the thing that really pisses me off about the tournament is the field of 65. Adding one team was such a ridiculous idea, I don't know why more people don't complain about it. It really fucks up a nice system. If you really had to add another automatic bid, then you just take away an at large bid, it's that simple. Sure that's one more team that will complain, but so what? I'm still hoping someone will realize how stupid this is and they can get rid of it.

Anyway, here's my bracket.

Posted by

No comments: