Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Why is Congress involved in this?

I love baseball, and I think it has some problems that definitely need to be addressed, but there is no reason for Congress to have anything to do with it. Don't they have more important things to do? Not that I don't think baseball is important, I do, but I don't see any reason for Congress to get involved in sports. And if they want to get involved in sports, I think hockey has much bigger problems than baseball, or maybe the Canadian government will step in there. Anyway, we are at war, a lot of people in Congress would like us to believe that Social Security is in crisis, there are problems in this country that are actually the business of Congress, and I would prefer if they focused on those instead of sticking their nose into baseball, where it doesn't belong, and where nothing will come of their intervention anyway.

Posted by

No comments: