Wednesday, June 22, 2005

General Mills Touts Sugary Cereal As Healthy Kids Breakfast

Now, I love cereal, and I probably eat as much of it as anyone. And not the healthy crap like Grape Nuts or anything. I like the ones with all the sugar. But I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that it's in any way healthy. I like the spin they're using that it's better than no breakfast. Like if all these kids suddenly stop having cereal, they would just choose to starve instead. Anyway, I don't think it shold be a big issue. No one should be suprised that the cereal makers are trying to market their product. But I just thought it was funny how they are presenting it as something good. I'd really like to see one commercial that just says, this shit isn't good for you, if you eat it you will get fat, but hey, it tastes really good, so eat it anyway. Because, people would still eat it. And they wouldn't have to spin it as some sort of good thing.

Posted by

No comments: