Sunday, June 12, 2005

Iraq resistance strong, popular anger growing

Ok, this story is fucked up for lotsof reasons. I hope that it's not true, because if it is the outlook is pretty bleak in Iraq. But this part particularly bothered me"

The Guardian of Britain reported June 5: “The U.S. military has stopped battalion commanders from dismissing new recruits for drug abuse, alcohol, poor fitness and pregnancy in an attempt to halt the rising attrition rate in an army under growing strain as a result of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
emphasis mine
I just have a really hard itme believeing that they stopped dismissing pregnant recruits. The other stuff is all bad enough, but I don't doubt that they would take people with those problems. But I think it's got to be pretty hard to keep someone who is pregnant, no matter what the attrition rate.

Posted by

No comments: