Thursday, July 07, 2005

Gov. Bush touts Christian-based program for schools

Not that I needed any more evidence that Jeb Bush is a religious wacko, but this just irritates me. Now, I'm all for increasing father's participation in their children's lives, but what I'm not for is using public schools as the venue for teaching people that the way to do that is to rely on God, and read the bible. That may work fine for some people, and that's great, but it's perfectly possible to keep your marriage intact or be a good parent. I know because I know plenty of fine parents who can manage to handle it all without looking to God for any help. I also know plenty that do. But the point is, if there is any reason to promote this method of becoming a better parent, then do it in churches, not in schools. Actually, I have an incredibly novel idea: use the schools to give children a good education. I know that's something the public schoolss here (or at least the ones I went to) did a fine job of not so long ago, but it's something that is noticeably worse since being subjected to the policies of Jeb and his idiot brother.

Posted by

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the reasons we homeschool.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that kind of sucks too, because I always liked Tony Dungy.