Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Oh Jesus, this is just what we fucking need

Another stupid ass ribbon that shows how how great the owner is for "supporting" something. I wonder if I can get one of these for my car, I'd hate for people to think that I didn't like Britain because I don't have one. I just have to find room for it between my various styles of support the troops ribbons, my POW/MIA ribbon, my Freedom is not Free ribbon, my God Bless America ribbon and my Pray for our Troops ribbon.

Seriously though, why do people have to automatically make this about us? Why is the American flag on that ribbon bigger than the British one? Are we so arrogant that we even have to steal attention from other people's terrorist attacks? Well, except Iraq's, that is, since if we did it for them, people may start pointing out that they might not have them if we hadn't invited all the terrorists there.

Posted by

10 comments:

Scott G said...

On the Daily Show the other night they made fun of Britain because they didn't have any ribbons or lapel pins popping up.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw that. What are those people thinking? Maybe they like terrorists. Probably they're just too busy waiting for that stupid Harry Potter book to come out.

Melissa McEwan said...

We've got a collective case of Munchausen by Proxy.

Anonymous said...

"Our terrorist attack was bigger than your terrorist attack!"

Of course, they've been enduring it for years... but... USA! USA!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Shakes, I think you're right.

Anonymous said...

And did anyone notice it didn't take long for US to start calling it 7/7. Let them name their own day of infamy, for heaven's sake!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I did notice that, skywind.

sumo said...

You mean you don't have a sign that says..."America love it or leave it"...? Or perhaps the obligatory gun rack to go with it? Heh heh!

Anonymous said...

No, those would get in the way of my Confederate Flag mural.

Scott G said...

I have a sign that says," I support the President and Remember 9/11" in really big bold letters. In little pink letters it says "Oh yeah, and Britain too I guess."